Skin Care Routine Part 1 (feat. My Beauty Diary)

1.4.15

Here's a little glimpse into a part of my skin care routine.


I would describe my skin care routine as rather... inconsistent. But here are a few products I use and a few things I've been doing to take care of my skin throughout the years

Make Up Remover
Now this step is so veryvery important every single day.
I'm currently using a water based make up remover, Bioderma, to be exact.


It costs around SGD$40 for a 500ml bottle from Watsons but this remover is simply amazing. My sister and I bought like 10 bottles when we were in London because it was half the price last year hahaha

I personally prefer water based make up removers because it's honestly a lot less messier than oil based ones and also because I have rather sensitive eyes and oil based removers have a tendency to sting my eyes much more than water based ones do.

A quick fix if for whatever reason you run out or just don't have make up remover with you is to make some. All you need is Olive Oil and water, mix 1 third of Olive Oil and 2 thirds of Water, mix them together well before each use and viola. 

Olive Oil does wonders for your skin and removes make up extremely extremely well so that's something I always fall back on all the time.

  
DIY Olive Oil and Honey Scrub
I usually exfoliate my skin twice or thrice a week mainly to unclog pores because I have extremely stubborn and annoying pores that just love torturing me.

But exfoliating your skin has so many more benefits apart from just unclogging pores


I used to use face scrubs from Himalayas but eventually as they ran out, I switched to making them myself because it's cheaper, more convenient, has less chemicals and you can switch it up anytime to suit your skin's needs.

For this particular scrub, all I do is mix Olive Oil with Honey and Sugar. 
The consistency should be thick but not watery or dry. If it's too watery, it'll be real messy and if it's too dry, it'll be rather rough on your tender skin. 

I usually mix around half a table spoon of Olive Oil, 1 table spoons of honey and 1 packet of sugar.

Sheet Masks
The perfect time to use a sheet mask is after exfoliating because your pores will be open and will thus be able to absorb more from your mask. 

I usually do this at night right before sleeping. I would mask for around 15 minutes before removing the sheet mask and going to bed. I won't wash the mask's moisture off my face though it may be a little sticky, but it's honestly worth it because I always wake up feeling amazing.

All in all, I would remove my make up, cleanse my face, exfoliate and then mask. 

A sheet mask brand I would recommend is My Beauty Diary [AD]


I've been using My Beauty Diary masks for 5 years now from Facebook shops days to Scape fleas days, I've always been using My Beauty Diary masks because of their affordability as well as quality. 

You'll probably recognize this packaging if you've experimented with sheet masks before 


Now here's a new packaging you may find unfamiliar... My Beauty Diary has launched a new and improved formula with various enhanced features and improvements made to their masks over the years and I'm definitely loving their new packaging


Their new black mask range features three exquisite variants 

-Black Obsidian Moisturizing Black Mask
Key Qualities: Nourishing Hydrating, Moisturizing and Illuminating
Suitable for normal skin types & especially recommended for skin requiring intense hydration and illumination.

-Black Pearl Total Effects Black Mask
Key Qualities: Rejuvenating, Revitalizing, Brightening and Nourishing
Suitable for normal skin types & especially recommended for those with fine-lines and skin desiring firming effect

-Black Rose Brightening Black Mask
Key Qualities: Refining, Brightening, Clarifying and Whitening
Suitable for normal skin types & especially recommended for dark skin and skin desiring radiance


They sent me a box of their Black Obsidian Moisturizing Black Mask

"Rich in trace elements and minerals that restores healthy skin, French Black Obsidian helps support the skin’s protective mechanism and enhances the skin’s hydrating power. The infusion of Laminaria digitata and sugar maple delivers intense hydration to the deep layers of skin to improve dry skin texture, revealing renewed and brighter skin. Enriched with numerous soothing ingredients like Calendula officinalis, Licorice, and Ruscus aculeatus extracts to relieve dry, rough and irritated skin, the mask is also rich in Bladder wrack seaweed, Aloe vera, and hydrolyzed Jojoba for improved hydration, allowing the skin to feel optimally nourished, revitalized with glowing luminosity!"


This was the closest to glamorous I could get with a sheet mask on hahaha forgive me, I've concluded that it is impossible to be glam with a sheet mask on.

Some ingredients in their new formula includes

3D Hyaluronic acid
The unique structure of the 3D Hyaluronic acid forms a protective film over the skin to replenish and retain moisture, preventing dehydration and allowing skin to stay deeply hydrated. 

Yeast Compound
Yeast compound helps tighten and regulate skin tone, and effectively soothes fatigue skin in just 15-20 minutes to reveal a glowing, youthful and velvety smooth complexion.

A New and Improved Conforming Black Sheet Mask Material 
With refined tailoring and texture characteristics, the black sheet mask material provides the perfect fit that conforms not only to your facial contours, but also your neck area, offering optimal adherence and comfort fit you deserve. Infused with essential essences to deliver instant nourishment to your skin, this mask simultaneously eliminates impurities in the pores, yielding porcelain, shine-free and silky smooth skin!


I'm definitely loving their new formula.

My Beauty Diary Black Masks now retail at the following authorized retailers: Guardian, Sasa and Watsons at $16.90 for a 5-piece pack.

Alternatively, they are also available on www.NaturesMart.com.sg 

Like their facebook Page at  
to get  FREE samples while stocks last so fastest fingers win!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe