Cutting My Own Hair - BLUNT BANGS

1.9.15




If you've seen either of my recent Instagram posts on either my main or my second, you'll know that I just cut BANGSSSS

Now, It's actually already been a week since I first cut my bangs so they're rather grown out now and it's really time for a little trim. Which is something to take note of, bangs are a serious commitment, you'll have to trim them pretty much every week or every other week. Especially if you're like me, I will always trim my bangs just nice or just a little too long but I will never go a little too short simply because I'm too vain and short bangs are just not cute unless you're going for baby bangs

and here's me with some messy overgrown bangs getting blown by the wind




And here was my hair before bangs and in the 2 most common partings I wore with them



And a glimpse of what my fringe was pretty much like hahaha

So on to the hair cutting...

STEP 1: SEPARATING YOUR FRINGE FROM YOUR HAIR
I personally find it easier to do this by separating your hair to a center parting first because this way, your hair won't be all over your face as you're creating your parting and it'll also be easier to get your bangs as symmetrical as possible

STEP 2: FORM YOUR PARTING

If you don't originally have bangs, the best way to find a parting is actually to form it in a triangle shape

STEP 3: GET RID OF THE REST OF YOUR HAIR
I just threw the rest of my hair into a ponytail. That's pretty much the easiest way to get your hair out of your face and if you have a few loose strands flying around, just pin them up and away.

STEP 4: SMOOTHING YOUR FRINGE OUT 
Dampen your comb a little and comb your fringe out to make them as easy to work with as possible

STEP 5: GET A GOOD GRIP ON EM
What you want to do is to slide your fingers down your fringe, flattening it almost like you were trying to straighten it. You want to slide your fingers down to around the tip of your nose and then just twist it.

(I'm sorry one of the pictures are out of focus T__T)

STEP 6: CHOP CHOP CHOP
Chop em straight off right below your fingers but do keep note that you can only go shorter after that so chop off slightly lower if it's your first time, just to be safe. That's what I did.

After which, don't panic if you feel that your bangs are too long or look too choppy because we'll touch up on that in the next step! At this point though, you will notice the nice equal curve which forms due to the twist which you did. 

STEP 7: COMB EM OUT AGAIN
Separate your bangs into two sides again and comb them out to see where you would like to trim them until

STEP 8: TRIM AND THIN THEM OUT

Simply cut in an upwards motion. Do NOT cut them horizontally as you did before. You want to chop off hair little by little in a vertical motion 

Trim them one side at a time for better control and to maintain the curve that you created 

STEP 9: VIOLA
Comb them out for the last time and BAM YOU NOW HAVE BANGS!
At this point, if the length is still unsatisfactory to what you imagined, just repeat step 8 again and trim them until they are the perfect length little by little

AND HERE'S THE END RESULT 

And with my ponytail down


And the very next day in school with my glasses cause I'm just a nerd like that 


STEP 10: STYLING
The final step to perfect bangs would be to style them and there are many ways to do so with a roller, a hair iron, into some cute braids, into an up or half do or whatever man the possibilities are endless

-

Which brings me to the end of my 10 steps to perfect bangs LOL 
On a side note, excuse the poor picture quality please, my sister took the Olympus to Europe for A MONTH so I had nothing left but 2 cracked phones and my lappy's webcam(#notamac) so yeah life was hard.

Butbutbut, I got through finals OMG I got through my first semester in Ngee Ann!!! Accomplishment unlocked

Finals felt like O levels all over again but waywayyy worse due to the lack of time and lack of materials. Basically, I had to cramp like 50 topics in 2 weeks. I really don't know if I actually hate my course already or if it's just due to the dry modules. I am NOT a fan of Business Statistics, Excel or Macro Economics URGH I hope next semester gets better :( 

Whatever happens, I pray for strength to get through it all as for now, I'm just going to enjoy the holidays :) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe